Frequently asked questions about payment and membership
All Electrify Canada chargers accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards and debit cards
DC Fast charging pricing is determined by the rate of charge your vehicle communicates to the charger, together with the maximum charging capability of the charger, as well as membership status. Pre-tax pricing displayed on the charger at the time payment is requested represents the per-minute price for the entire charging session. The actual speed of charge may vary.
When you sign up for Electrify Canada Pass or Pass+ in the mobile app, follow the prompts to add your credit card to your account. Then select an amount to automatically load money to your Electrify Canada balance.
This amount will be added to your account the first time you charge your vehicle at an Electrify Canada charging station after signing up. Every time your balance falls to or below $5, your account will reload with the amount you selected.
The cost for charging, idling, and any applicable taxes will be deducted from your balance at the end of your charging session.
If you’re a Pass+ member, your monthly subscription fee will be charged to your credit or debit card when you sign up and deducted from your Electrify Canada balance monthly thereafter.
To ensure you can seamlessly charge your vehicle at an Electrify Canada charging station, every time your wallet balance falls to or below the minimum wallet threshold, we will automatically charge your card on file to auto-fill your wallet in the amount you select. If your payment method is declined during a charging session, please update your payment method on your account to allow Electrify Canada to auto-fill your wallet so that vehicle charging can continue. If the payment method is not updated, charging will stop when your wallet balance reaches $0.
Electrify Canada Pass and Pass+ members have access to the Electrify Canada mobile app which enables them to
- See real-time availability of chargers before arriving at a station
- Add favourite stations for faster searching and navigation
- Receive notifications when a charger becomes available
- Set state of charge, cost, or time notifications for a charging session (swipe to start sessions only)
- Start charging sessions using a smartphone (no more digging around for a credit or debit card)
- Track your vehicle’s charge status if you’re away from it
- Review charging and billing history
Electrify Canada Pass members enjoy all of the benefits above, and
- $0 due at signup and no monthly fee
- Enjoy convenient charging access via your smart phone
Electrify Canada Pass+ members enjoy all of the benefits above, and
- Pay a monthly fee and enjoy savings of up to 20% on every minute you charge with a subscription
In your account, go to Plan details and follow the prompts to change plan types. Please note that a request to change from Pass+ to Pass membership will only go into effect on the 1st day of the next billing cycle, which coincides with the monthly anniversary of your sign-up date.
Cancel your membership anytime in the app by navigating to your profile and selecting “Delete Account.”